Sunday, August 22, 2010

Party On!!



Hello all my blogging friends! I have insomnia once again & decided to make another card to share. This time I used the Sock Monkey set that I love so much, but I only used the party hat. I saw a similar card made with the Party Hearty set by Angel Walters.

I used Real Red for the card base & Pacific Point for the layer. The DSP is from one of the prints packs that I have had. I rarely think to use this paper. I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to punch out the hats, & 1 3/8" circle punch for the Daffodil Delight layer on the hats. I used the modern label punch to make the real red layer for the sentiment. The Happy Birthday stamp is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set. I really use this set a lot. It has just about everything you would want to say & just the right size.

I have never ever thought of using real red with pacific point before, but with the loss of brilliant blue I wanted a bright blue, so I gave it a shot. I think it goes very well. What do you all think of this color combination?

I hope you all enjoy this card. Keep those comments coming, because they make my day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,

I'm glad to see your new projects and hear from you. I esp. liked your ladybug one. Hope you are doing well in your new home!
Shana

Angela Walters said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever been cased before! Thank you so much for sharing my name and the credit for your adorable card! Angela

Wicked Witch of the West...

My mom & I went to a class at the Scrapbook store in Enid, OK Saturday the 7th of October.  This was a shaker Card Class & t...