Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lady Bug


Hello everyone! Tonight I bring you a card that I cased from somewhere a long time ago, & do not know from where. If you are the owner or know the owner please let me know for the credit. I am terrible about saving a photo, but not knowing later who the owner was. I am going to try to get better with this.

I just love ladybugs. I even have a lady bug purse. I'll have to get my mom to send me the pic of all of our purses that she made & photographed together. Well, I saw this cute little lady, & knew I just had to make her. I am still only using my I-phone for the pics of everything, so the colors are not quite true to color.
I used certainly celery for the card base & layer, with basic black layer in between. On the real red layer at the bottom I used the pinking hearts border punch. The scallop flower is made by punching out 1 real red 1 3/4" scallop circle, cutting partially towards the center at each scallop, then punching out a 3/4" circle in delightful daffodil (0ne of the new core colors) & attaching over the center. I just used a black maker to make the little dots on the yellow.

For the lady bug I used the extra-large circle to punch the body, the 1/4" punch for its spots, the large oval out of vellum card stock for the wings. 1 1/4" circle for the head & 1/2" circle punch for the antennas.

Thanks for stopping by & Have a great day!!


7 comments:

Zoe said...

This is such a cute card. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about your blog, but now I do.

Jan Hoyt said...

cute stuff! I am falling for Cherry Cobbler too...just wish that it didn't make me so hungry thinking about it! ;-) Jan

Lisa K said...

I LOVE this card!! How very cute. Thank you for poting and just so you know people are checking out your blog!! ;-)

Beth b. said...

I just love this card! My granddaughter will have a lady bug Birthday theme this year and I can not wait to show my daughter in law this idea! Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

What a sweet lady bug card! Love it paired with your flower. Great job!

Unknown said...

Cute ladybug...my sister has a litte obsession with ladybugs also:) I am going to have to case this card later today!! I know exactly how you feel about posting...I often feel the same way! Just know that people really enjoy seeing what you create!

Erna Logtenberg said...

what a very cute card this is!! love it!

Wicked Witch of the West...

My mom & I went to a class at the Scrapbook store in Enid, OK Saturday the 7th of October.  This was a shaker Card Class & t...