Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby Elephants


We have a new baby coming in the family we are so so excited!! My cousin Ashley Wilson & his wife Brooke are finally having a baby!! They are adopting a baby girl & she is due Dec 7th. If she is not here by the 12th she will come to the world c-section.

My mom & I decided that we better get busy & get some cards made. My mom already finished the baby bee & the receiving blanket for me to give. I bought the material & she sewed it up. In our family we call blankets made with flannel & batting that are tied out with yarn, bee's. They are a long family tradition & we love them!!

The card that I made is this darling elephant card. The stamp set is a retired one called Baby Steps. I fell in love with this stamp set when I saw it. I have had it since Sellabration last year & have been waiting for the right occasion. The base to the card is Pretty in Pink & I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to give the background some texture. The layer for the main image is the shimmer silver paper. I just love this paper. It comes in both red & silver. The elephants I stamped in Pretty in Pink & cute out ears for a 3-d affect. The ribbon I tied on the card is a silk & organza ribbon that is not Stampin' Up!. I know shame on me huh? hehehehehe

Next post I will share the cutest hershey bar wrapper you have ever seen for christmas!!


No comments:

Wicked Witch of the West...

My mom & I went to a class at the Scrapbook store in Enid, OK Saturday the 7th of October.  This was a shaker Card Class & t...