Friday, June 10, 2011

VC Rocks Blog Hop


This is the first time I have ever been in a blog hop!! I am so excited! The subject for the blog hop is the Big shot. One of my favorite subjects!! So, let's get started!

I created this card by using the big shot mostly. This is my favorite new color combination too! I used Whisper White, Melon Mambo, & Lucky Limeade! Lucky Limeade is one of the new In Colors that comes out July 1st, so you are getting a sneak peek.

I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing floder to emboss the card base & the flower. I cut out the flower using the Fun Flower die. I layered the flower on the trusty top note. The sentiment came from the hostess set, Swirls & Curls Verses from the Summer Mini.


Now that you have looked over my project please feel free to hop on over to Angela Walter's blog . If you would like to go back to the previous blog, hop back to Mary Jo Price-Williams's blog .

I hope you have enjoyed! Feel free to leave me comments & let me know what you think!

16 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Love the polka dots all over the card! And the colors make this extra special.

Carey said...

This is great! I love your blog. When I first saw the name my eyes weren't awake and I saw Cheezits Ink Pad. Wow my two favorite things in the world.


Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

MJ said...

That Lucky Limeade really changes the look of the Mellon Mambo. Such a pretty card. I have all the new stuff but not time to play with it yet still working on the mini products, lol! You card is beautiful.

Mary said...

Love the Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade combo. Very cute card.

Brenda said...

Great color combo. I agree with MJ the Lucky Limeade changes up the Melon Mambo, what a perfect combination. TFS

Stace said...

Love the colors!
Simple but wicked cute.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Wow, your fabulous Big Shot flower complements your blog header perfectly, Heidi--it's just lovely!

inkedx2 said...

Love the dots and the top note die.

Robbie

Anonymous said...

I love it all...top note is one of my favorites and I love all the embossing folders...I have them all....good job on your first hop

Karen said...

What a refreshing color combo! I think this is such a fun and cheerful card. Thanks for sharing it.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love the card!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!!! TFS

Lorita said...

Cute card. TFS

Joan said...

The limeade is so festive! Can't wait to see the rest of the new "stuff" for this year!

Stamper Shirley said...

Love those colors together, and your card is so pretty ... and I love the dots! Thanx for sharing

Kym said...

Cute card! The use of the dotted embossing folder on the flower layers is great.

Wicked Witch of the West...

My mom & I went to a class at the Scrapbook store in Enid, OK Saturday the 7th of October.  This was a shaker Card Class & t...